This post is sponsored by Carter’s; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
We just booked our first beach vacation for this Spring and already I’m making my packing list for what we will be taking. It will be our first trip with our 16-month-old son, so I definitely want to be prepared. We took my girls to the beach two years ago and they loved it so I know it’s going to be just as fun for our littlest one.
Here are 15 things you need to pack for baby’s first beach trip.
- Sunscreen – Probably the most important thing on the list. For the kids, we like to use a mineral based sunscreen lotion like this one. The sprays are easier, but I prefer the lotions for the simple fact that the sprays can be inhaled by their little noses.
- Beachwear – Swimsuits, swim trunks, shoes and hats. We love the matching outfits they have at Carter’s. We picked up his very first swim trunks, swim shoes and matching beach hat just today. All of the swimwear at Carter’s is made with UPF 50+ sun protection! This is so important for little ones.
- Sand & Waterproof Blanket – Two years ago when we went, this is something we forgot! We didn’t have anywhere to sit except in the direct sun on the sand, so this year we are definitely more prepared. I just ordered this one because it folds up easily.
- Swim Diapers – Swim diapers are a necessity for the beach! Don’t forget the regular diapers too though!
- Waterproof case for phone – I’m a momtographer and I can take an endless amount of photos of my kids and I know this trip won’t be any different, especially because it will be my son’s first trip. 🙂 I am planning to get a waterproof case for my iPhone, similar to this one so that I can take photos on the beach without worrying about the sand or salt water getting into it.
- Water Shoes – Baby water shoes are a necessity just in case the little one has a problem with walking on the sand, whether they just don’t like it or maybe the sand is a little rocky, it’s better to take them just in case.
- Cool clothing – Don’t forget to pack regular warm weather clothes for the time’s that you aren’t on the actual beach. We love exploring the city when we are not on the beach. I picked up some Carter’s outfits for Lennon today when I got his new swimwear. They had so many cute soft knit tees, one-piece rompers and comfy outfit sets. Be sure to save the 25% off coupon at the end of this post.
- Towels – A mama friend of mine suggested a microfiber towel because it repels water but any regular towel will do too. 🙂
- Sunglasses & Hat’s – Carter’s has the most adorable sunglasses and beach hats for the little ones.
- Small blow up baby pool – One of my mama friends took her baby to the beach and took a small pool with her. She said it was the best thing ever. The pool was small enough to blow up when they got to the beach. They filled it up with buckets of water and the baby was able to play in the water, in the shade and under the umbrella while the older kids played in the ocean. Best idea ever! I am thinking about getting this small pool here.
- Life Jacket and/or floating device – Be sure to bring the life jackets and/or a floating device the kids can play on while in the water.
- Shade – Tent or Umbrella – Another thing we forgot to take on our last trip a few years ago. We are getting this one. It’s big enough for the family, offers UV protection and it’s easy to setup!
- Beach Toys – Buckets, shovels, cups, bath and tub toys are pretty popular with my kids.
- Cooler with water & snacks – Bring a cooler for the beach to keep all of your snacks, food and drinks cold.
- Baby powder – I have never tried this but I have heard that baby powder works wonders for taking off sand!
Thank you to Carter’s for sponsoring this post. Carter’s makes it easy to keep your little one looking cute while having fun at the beach! Scroll down to get your coupon for 25% off at the end of the post!
Get 25% off your purchase of $40 or more. Expires 4/9/17.
Free Cleaning Checklist
Download my Free Fillable Cleaning Checklist and learn how I use it to keep my house clean.
Get The 3 Day mini-eCourse
1. The 5 Cleaning Hacks that Made Over my Life
2. My Decluttering Strategy for our Kids' Rooms That Works
3. My Three Best Secrets to Photographing My Kids at Home