I was asked by Carusele to participate in the #ApplyRepeatProtect campaign, sponsored by Walgreens. Although I have been compensated, all opinions are my own.
If you follow me on my Instagram Stories then you know that we are preparing for a trip of a lifetime! Coming up in just under two-weeks we are taking an 8-day solar eclipse cruise to the Caribbean. Not only are we excited about cruising to some beautiful islands but we are also going to be able to view the eclipse from the ship. My husband and I have cruised together before we had kids, but this time we will be taking our three kids with us this time so this should be interesting! This will be our first plane ride with kids too, since we’re leaving out of Florida, so I am already busy making a list of ideas to keep them occupied on the plane.
We’ve also been busy stocking up on beach outfits, sandals and bathing suits. One thing at the top of our list is lots of suncare products! Since we’re going to be on the islands we know the risks of sun exposure as we will be spending lots of time outdoors, especially for the little ones. I am partnering with Walgreens today and I’m sharing my list of 15 things to pack for your beach trip with your little ones.
Here are 15 things you need to pack for your beach trip with your little ones.
- Sunscreen – Probably the most important thing on the list. I like to get both the lotions and the sprays. Mostly I will use sprays for their body and the lotion for their face. I find that it’s just easier. We are using Walgreens Baby Lotion and Spray 50+, a top rated baby sunscreen by Consumer Reports. The Walgreens suncare line provides great and provides high-quality, reliable protection against the sun and from those damaging UV rays, without breaking the bank! #ApplyRepeatProtect
- Beachwear – Swimsuits, swim trunks, shoes and hats. We love mix-match swimwear and we picked up his very first swim trunks, swim shoes and matching beach hat just today. Be sure to get swimwear that also has UPF 50+ sun protection! This is so important for little ones.
- Sand & Waterproof Blanket – Two years ago when we went, this is something we forgot! We didn’t have anywhere to sit except in the direct sun on the sand, so this year we are definitely more prepared. I just ordered this one because it folds up easily.
- Swim Diapers – Swim diapers are a necessity for the beach! Don’t forget the regular diapers too though!
- Waterproof case for phone – I’m a momtographer and I can take an endless amount of photos of my kids and I know this trip won’t be any different, especially because it will be my son’s first trip. 🙂 I am planning to get a waterproof case for my iPhone, similar to this one so that I can take photos on the beach without worrying about the sand or salt water getting into it.
- Water Shoes – Baby water shoes are a necessity just in case the little one has a problem with walking on the sand, whether they just don’t like it or maybe the sand is a little rocky, it’s better to take them just in case.
- Light jacket or sweater – Most of the time it’s cooler by the water, so even though it might be 85 degrees on the beach, when the sun goes down it might get cooler.
- Towels – A mama friend of mine suggested a microfiber towel because it repels water but any regular towel will do too. 🙂
- Sunglasses & Hat’s – Hat’s and sunglasses are important to help protect your little one’s eyes and face from the sun. I find my kids will wear hats before they wear sunglasses so we usually opt for sun hats.
- Small blow up baby pool – One of my mama friends took her baby to the beach and took a small pool with her. She said it was the best thing ever. The pool was small enough to blow up when they got to the beach. They filled it up with buckets of water and the baby was able to play in the water, in the shade and under the umbrella while the older kids played in the ocean. Best idea ever! I am thinking about getting this small pool here.
- Life Jacket and/or floating device – Be sure to bring the life jackets and/or a floating device the kids can play on while in the water.
- Shade – Tent or Umbrella – Another thing we forgot to take on our last trip a few years ago. We are getting this one. It’s big enough for the family, offers UV protection and it’s easy to setup!
- Beach Toys – Buckets, shovels, cups, bath and tub toys are pretty popular with my kids.
- Cooler with water & snacks – Bring a cooler for the beach to keep all of your snacks, food and drinks cold. There’s also a special promotion now through August 26th at Walgreens. Buy one smartwater and one Walgreens brand suncare item and receive $1 off. This offer is good with your clip to card app and for Balance Rewards members.
- Baby powder – I have never tried this but I have heard that baby powder works wonders for taking off sand!
Thank you to Walgreens for sponsoring this post! Walgreens Baby Sunscreen, SPF 50 is our go-to for the beach this summer. Walgreens Baby Sunscreen, SPF 50 helps prevent sunburn is water resistant up to 80 minutes and has both UVA and UVB protection.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walgreens. The opinions and text are all mine.
Get The 3 Day mini-eCourse
1. The 5 Cleaning Hacks that Made Over my Life
2. My Decluttering Strategy for our Kids' Rooms That Works
3. My Three Best Secrets to Photographing My Kids at Home