We love to have family movie nights. It’s such a great way for the family to get together and wind down after a long week. Our family movie nights usually happen on Friday or Saturday nights so most of the time everyone stays up late.
It has become something the kids look forward to each week and a great way for us parents to disconnect from everything and just spend some quality time with the family.
Arranging a family movie night at your house is so simple. These are our few must-have’s.
5 Ways to make Family Movie Night more fun
1. Pick a family friendly movie – pick something everyone will enjoy. We have started letting each person pick a movie to watch every week so that everyone gets a chance to choose.
2. Pop Secret popcorn – Because you can’t have a true movie night unless you have popcorn, am I right??
3. Popcorn toppings – the kids enjoy all sorts of things on their popcorn. On the table, this past weekend were pretzels, marshmallows, sprinkles and chocolate morsels. We change it up every now and again but we have a few favorites. Sometimes we even have the white chocolate melted and ready to pour on the popcorn! That is so delicious!
4. Movie sign – since we enjoy making it an event I usually will set out a table ready for our popcorn with a sign that says either the movie we will be watching or the time we will start the movie.
5. Invite friends and family – sometimes we let the kids invite their friends our cousins over so they can enjoy the movie together. Have the kids come in their pj’s or bring their favorite blanket or stuffed animal.
Free Mama Prints
Gain access to our FREE Library of Printables & Downloads! Everything from a decluttering guide, baby planning and meal planners.
You only have to enter your email once to get all of Story of Five's free printables and downloads!