Here’s what we EXPECTED…
1. Becoming a zombie from lack of sleep.
2. Snuggles & kisses with soft baby feet.
3. Dirty diapers x 2.
Here are a few things we did NOT expect…
1. Cabin fever already at just 3 days in.
2. My toddler weaned within the 2 days I was at the hospital! YIPPEE!
3. My toddler wanting to suck on baby’s paci.
4. My toddler crying when she hears baby cry.
5. My toddler trying to throw her food at baby.
6. My toddler trying to smack baby to get baby out of mama’s lap when nursing.
Are you seeing a pattern here??
We had no idea what to expect from her when we brought baby home. I think it’s obvious she is going through an adjustment period.
All the articles I read before baby was born said that having two close in age, my toddler at 14 months old, was probably too young to feel jealous. There’s no denying it though, she has been feeling something.
Everyone told us having another little one would be challenging and now we are seeing just how challenging this is going to be. Things are more than a little different around here, which is probably why it’s taken me a good 4 hours to finish writing this post.
We would not have it any other way…
The day ended with her leaning over to give her new little sister a kiss on the head, although from the pic it looks like she’s about to take a bite out of baby’s head. Regardless, we know it’s just a phase and soon enough the girls will be best of friends. And although we can’t wait for that day, we’re appreciating all these funny little things today. It goes by so fast.
Get The 3 Day mini-eCourse
1. The One Lifestyle Change that made me a Happier, Less-Stressed Mom.
2. My Decluttering Strategy for our Kids' Rooms That Works
3. My Three Best Secrets to Photographing My Kids at Home