My favorite time of year! I think I say this every September as we get out our decorations and favorite fall recipes. Halloween with kids is so much fun and they love to help me in the kitchen, so this year we decided to make some spiders out of our cupcakes. Here is the recipe and ingredients we used.
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- Candy eyeballs
- Black Sparkle Gel We use THIS KIND
- Line cupcake pan with liners and preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together on low for 30 seconds.
- Fill each cupcake liner until it is halfway full. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan, transfer to wire rack and let them cool completely before icing.
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add in milk and powdered sugar slowly and beat for 30 seconds on low.
- Mix just until fluffy.
- Store in refrigerator to keep frosting thick and not runny.
Get The 3 Day mini-eCourse
1. The 5 Cleaning Hacks that Made Over my Life
2. My Decluttering Strategy for our Kids' Rooms That Works
3. My Three Best Secrets to Photographing My Kids at Home