I’ve been slacking with my blogging income reports that I promised to post back in October. I blame it on life, work, motherhood oh and I also launched a new fun side biz! More on that later.
If this is your first time to the blog you might be wondering why I post income reports here. And here’s why.
Why Post Income Reports?
- First, I have to say that blogging is one of the only professions where it’s perfectly normal to share an income report. Don’t think so? Take a look at Pinterest, they’re all over the place! I love sharing my ways of making a living from home to inspire other moms who want to stay at home with their kids and still want to be able to contribute financially. It’s so rewarding! Hard work, but rewarding.
- Second, if it weren’t for blogger’s before me who published their income reports I would have never known that it was possible to make money blogging. If I hadn’t been inspired by those before me, I would have never tried.
- Third, because it keeps me accountable. I like to look back and see what is working and what isn’t working so that I can put my time and energy into where it really matters.
- Fourth, because I can show you my progress. You can learn from me and see what I do and see what is working and what mistakes I made in the past. In case you haven’t noticed, I love helping out and mentoring other bloggers. You can see my BLOG STORE where I have a ton of resources to help bloggers.
- Lastly, in addition to helping bloggers through my ebooks and ecourses, I also mentor bloggers one-on-one (case-by-case basis), and it’s easy for me to direct them to my blogging reports so that they can see the income streams that are possible.
So let’s get right to it.
A few highlights for April 2017. This has been my highest month in blogging income so far. I hired my first VA to help me manage some of my social media accounts and I also started another side business as an extension of this blog.
Here is the breakdown
Sponsored Posts $10,008.82
Affiliate Income $788.31
Ebooks + Ecourse $68.90
This month I had a spike in sponsored post income due to an ambassadorship that I accepted, in which they paid up front and in one lump sum – which is always nice. This is not the norm though. Regardless, sponsored posts continue to be the bread and butter of this blog.
Affiliate income is still one of my favorite ways to make income blogging. My affiliate income has been consistent since I finally learned what I was doing in September of last year. It was at an all-time high around the holidays but then leveled off to what it is now. It’s been around the $700 range each month which is still pretty great considering I am not doing much to achieve that. If you want to see more about how I make affiliate income you can read this post.
My new venture this month was starting up five-shop.com and I released an official blog tee. Total sales were $268.08, although when it comes to selling a physical product you have to keep in mind that not all of that is profit. Actual profit from the tee sales were $170.58.
I sold a few Start a Blog Guide’s and Mastering The Art of Working with Brands eCourses. Ads have never been a money maker for me! Ads are always around the $100 mark. The photography income is just a one-off makeup session I did for a friend. I am officially retired from photography! At least for clients. I still love photography for personal projects.
GOALS THIS MONTH
My goals for this month were to hire a VA to help me manage some of my social media accounts. I did just that! My VA started mid-month and so far it’s been working out great! There is only so much of me to go around, from blogging, social media, keeping up with emails, in addition to being a stay at home mom with three kids, it was nearly impossible trying to keep up with it all. Social media is a necessity when it comes to blogging and maintaining online businesses, so I knew that I couldn’t just neglect it.
I also launched Five-shop.com, which used to just be a little Etsy shop that I sold tees at and I called an “extension of my blog”, but this month I decided to take it a step further and I launched a new website for it and made it it’s own, but related, branding.
GOALS NEXT MONTH
I want to continue to increase my pageviews each month. At the top of my reading list is the guide – 17 Proven Strategies To Increase Pageviews. I purchased it a few months ago but haven’t had a chance to really dive into it. I’ve heard so many great things about this book so this is something I’m looking forward to reading.
Almost all of my pageviews come from Pinterest, so just as I do every month I will go and do my monthly maintenance in Boardbooster.
If you want to see my past blogging posts + income reports you can see them HERE.
If you haven’t started a blog but want to, you can see THIS POST and start one up with Bluehost. It’s easy and affordable! You get a free domain by signing up with my link and can get 36-months hosting for as little as $3.95 per month!
Read My Blogging Guide – How To Start a Blog About Anything & Make Money From It
Get The 3 Day mini-eCourse
1. The 5 Cleaning Hacks that Made Over my Life
2. My Decluttering Strategy for our Kids' Rooms That Works
3. My Three Best Secrets to Photographing My Kids at Home