This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Capri Sun.
I am a first-time kindergarten mom and already I have seen just how easy it is for my daughter to come home, kick her shoes off and then sit down in front of the TV for the rest of the evening. While I do think downtime to recharge and rest is absolutely necessary and healthy, I also don’t want her sitting in front of the TV for hours until bedtime. Our schedule changed drastically once she entered Kindergarten. We went from a lax preschool homeschool routine where we got to sleep in and go to bed late, but now that she is in kindergarten we have a set wake-up and bedtime. It’s so easy to lose track of time now in the afternoon before you know it, hours have passed and then it’s time to start getting ready for the next day. Because of this, I wanted to come up with a new afternoon/evening routine where she could still be productive, wind-down and still get to enjoy her favorite cartoons.
Here is a general overview of what we want to accomplish every day after she gets out of school and after she has had her after-school snacks.
- Play outside – There is no fight here, my kids love being outdoors and although she has recess during the day at school, it just isn’t enough time to play outdoors. The kids either go outside in our backyard to play or sometimes we even opt to head to a playground. If we head to the park we like to stock up on our favorite snacks and juice drinks and have them at the picnic tables.
We always bring along our favorite Capri Sun drinks! Capri Sun released 4 drinks this year made with all-natural ingredients and no added sugar.* Organic, 100% Juice, Fruit Refreshers and Fruit & Veggie Blends. One of our favorites is the Fruit & Veggie Blends which was previously known as Capri Sun Super V. They are all so tasty, my kids love them!
Capri Sun just launched Fruit Refreshers as a part of their products with all natural ingredients. Fruit Refreshers is made with a blend of all natural fruit juice and filtered water. It has no added sugar* and no high-fructose corn syrup or artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
We are so excited about the new Capri Sun Fruit Refreshers. My kids absolutely love the taste and I also love that it has 50% less sugar than average leading fruit juices** Capri Sun Fruit Refreshers comes in three flavors, including Awesomely Apple, Very Berry Punch, and Orange Pineapple Tango.
- Indoor Creative Activity – After being outdoors, we come indoors and wash-up. It’s usually around this time that the kids will sit at the table and do an activity. Like I said, we try to keep it pretty lax here so they usually have the option to paint, draw, play-doh, clay, color or some other new craft.
- Bath-time – After play/craft time, we will take our evening baths. We do this before dinner because dad often gets home from work late and we wait until then to prep dinner.
- Playtime – Once bath-time is over the kids will head to their rooms/playroom to play for a bit while I make dinner.
- Dinner-time – Dad is home! We prep and eat dinner.
- Screen-time – After dinner, the kids can have their screen-time. They watch their favorite cartoons on TV or on our tablets. This is also the time where the kids catch up on playtime with dad.
And that’s our usual afternoon/after-school routine that we are trying to stick to. I feel like it makes everyone feel more productive and happier and the kids are less likely to spend hours in front of the television. Next year, my daughter will most likely have homework, so we will have to tweak our schedule a bit next year to allow for it but overall, we are pretty lax so it shouldn’t be a big adjustment.
Thank you to Capri Sun for sponsoring this post! We are so excited about the new Capri Sun Fruit Refreshers. My kids absolutely love the taste and I also love that it has 50% less sugar than other fruit juices** Capri Sun Fruit Refreshers comes in three flavors, including Awesomely Apple, Very Berry Punch, and Orange Pineapple Tango.
*not a low calorie beverage
**per 6oz, this produce 10g of sugar, leading average fruit juice 20g of sugar
Get The 3 Day mini-eCourse
1. The 5 Cleaning Hacks that Made Over my Life
2. My Decluttering Strategy for our Kids' Rooms That Works
3. My Three Best Secrets to Photographing My Kids at Home