Having three close in age….
People often ask me what it’s like having three little ones so close in age. My girls are 1 year apart and then we have my son who is 2 years apart from my youngest girl. I am not going to sugar coat it, some days this mama doesn’t have it all together.
I get tired. A LOT.
I get frustrated.
I get overwhelmed.
And yes, I get the looks. You know those looks that one gives when they’re thinking to themselves…
Are those all hers?
Or maybe something like Wow, she has her hands full.
I get those looks all the time, especially when I’m out shopping by myself or when I’m pushing around a boat of a cart trying to keep everyone inside it while also trying to grab something off a shelf.
It’s not always easy. Some days can be a circus, but for the most part, it’s easier than you probably think.
Here are 5 reasons why it’s easier to have kids close in age:
- Breastfeeding – If you are breastfeeding one while the other one comes, you won’t need to wait for your milk to come in! This happened with my girls. My oldest was 14 months old when her sister came into this world. Her little sis didn’t have to wait a second before she enjoyed an abundant flow of mama’s milk.
- Save money – While it might seem that kids close in age would be more expensive, I have actually found the opposite to be true. We have been able to reuse most of everything from our first born. The durable, long-lasting items like strollers, high chairs, and even car seats were in almost perfect condition after our first and even now years later we are using them with our son. Yes, my son eats from a pink high chair. 🙂 Also, you won’t need to adjust your budget since you are already budgeting for baby food and diapers. You also won’t need to spend tons of money on brand new baby necessities and even clothes if you have the same gender like we did.
- Family trips are easier – At least they will be! One thing I am looking forward to is family vacations when the kids get older because all the kids will be the same age at around the same time. Everyone will be able to enjoy the same types of family vacations and we won’t have to worry about having to take out two kids plus a baby.
- Bond & Playtime – There will be more playtime amongst the kids because they are so close in age. They will be entertained by the same activities and toys, mostly, which means more mama time which becomes essential when parenting multiple little ones.
- Pregnancy – Although pregnancy is beautiful, precious and fleeting, it can be hard for some mamas. Knowing that you have the pregnancy phase of life behind you after just a few years, allowing you time to enjoy your babies as they grow together, might seem appealing to some, especially those moms who struggle with post-partum issues.
Thank you to BOB Gear for sponsoring this post. When you have multiple little ones you need the right gear and our BOB 2016 Revolution Pro Duallie has come through time and time again. If you have little ones close in age mama’s then you need one! We have taken it everywhere with us – parks, theme parks, malls, shopping – everywhere! This is our double stroller but as you can see, sometimes even our oldest hitches a ride!
Free Mama Prints
Gain access to our FREE Library of Printables & Downloads! Everything from a decluttering guide, baby planning and meal planners.
You only have to enter your email once to get all of Story of Five's free printables and downloads!