Summer time is here and it’s getting warm outside. We are spending much more time outdoors these days with the kids, whether we’re in the water or even just taking a stroll in our neighborhood, we love getting outside.
Today I am partnering with Radio Flyer to celebrate their 100th anniversary! I am giving you a list of our favorite things to do with the kids this summer, AND be sure to read to the end of the post because there is an awesome giveaway of $100 towards your own Radio Flyer!
My s0n just got his very first tricycle – a Build-A-Trike. It’s so cool because you can customize it to add your own options that will best fit your child and your lifestyle. We love it because even though he is still learning to ride it, we can push and steer him and he loves it!
Here are a few of our favorite activities that you can do this summer with your kids.
- Bike ride around the neighborhood or park – Go on a walk or have the kids ride their bikes and tricycles. We love to take a stroll down our block, but we have also loaded all of our bikes on our car and taken them to the park. What I love about our Build-A-Trike is that we can steer him as he rides along with his older sisters. It’s perfect for the little beginners.
- Splash pad – Our local YMCA has a splash pad that we go to every summer, it is so much fun and easy for our little guy to enjoy since he doesn’t know how to swim yet.
- Visit a museum – We have memberships to our local museums and the kids and I go at least once every two weeks. They love it!
- Outdoor movies – Check and see if there are any outdoor movies near you. This is so much fun and the kids love to watch movies and eat snacks. It’s a neat thing to take the little ones to because my son won’t always sit down in a movie theatre to watch a movie, but with an outdoor movie, it doesn’t matter. He can sit and watch and then still get up and run around if he gets the urge.
- Visit a farm – This is something on our list for this summer that we haven’t gotten to yet but we are hoping to in the next few weeks! There are some nearby farms that allow you to do some fruit picking and interact with some farm animals. We cannot wait to do this!
For 100 years, Radio Flyer has been powering play and inspiring imagination in kids of all ages. They are committed to great design and innovation, which is how they’ve stayed relevant for 100 years. Radio Flyer is the world’s leading builder of wagons, tricycles, pre-school scooters and other ride-ons. Radio Flyer’s founder Antonio Pasin started the company in 1917 and his dream was to “bring joy to every boy and every girl”. They are now a timeless symbol of childhood imagination and has become the most loved brand for kids’ wheels in the world.
In honor of their 100th anniversary, Radio Flyer created the first ever kids travel agency to celebrate decades of inspiring imaginative play and unforgettable adventures. At Radio Flyer Adventure Travel, children were introduced to impossibly wonderful destinations they could visit only with their imagination and a Radio Flyer product.
What imaginary destination or fun adventure does your Radio Flyer take your little one to? Tell us using the hashtag #radioflyer100.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Radio Flyer. The opinions and text are all mine.
Get The 3 Day mini-eCourse
1. The 5 Cleaning Hacks that Made Over my Life
2. My Decluttering Strategy for our Kids' Rooms That Works
3. My Three Best Secrets to Photographing My Kids at Home