This is a sponsored campaign with Banana Boat. All opinions are my own.
For us, Summertime means getting outside and having fun. It’s hot here in Texas most Summer’s but we try to get out in the morning’s when it’s a little cooler. That doesn’t mean the sun is any less harsh. As a mom, I worry about my kids being in the Summer sun too long, but Banana Boat gives us a little more freedom to say “yes” to having fun without the worry that comes along with the summer heat. I am partnering with Banana Boat today and giving you our list of things we do that are FREE and FUN and for the entire family to enjoy this Summer.
Banana Boat Ultra Sensitive Skin Sunscreen protects against 7 conditions – sun, pool, water, ocean water, wind, sweat, sand and even 100-degree heat which is EXACTLY what we need here in Texas. Banana Boat Ultra Sensitive Sunscreen is also perfect for my son who has really sensitive skin. It is hypoallergenic, oil free with no added fragrances, it’s made without oxybenzone and parabens, is water resistant and sweat resistance (for up to 80 minutes).
- Community Pool or Splash Pad – Our neighborhood community center has a splash pad that opens up a few hours every day. My kids LOVE to be anywhere near water so this is perfect.
- Have a picnic lunch – Our local park has an amazing playground with a pavilion right nearby which is perfect for picnics.
- Have a Kite Parade – This is so fun for the kids. Have all the kids line up and start marching as if they are in a parade. To make it even more fun have them wear some cute or funny costumes and put on a show for parents.
- Create a scavenger hunt in your backyard or at local park. One of our favorite types of Scavenger Hunts is one with nature at our local park. Have the kids search for things like birds or tree stumps, worms or funny shaped rocks. You can make one yourself or find some free printables online almost everywhere.
- Organize a community project with friends like picking up trash on a beach or park.
- Go on a bike ride. Have you ever thought about combining a nature scavenger hunt with a family bike ride? Ride through the neighborhood or even just in the driveway! Try challenging the kids to a “slow” race–whoever crosses the line last wins. It’s a great way for them to work on their balance while being silly.
- Run through sprinklers in the backyard. While just playing in the sprinkler and can be tons of fun, if the kids are looking for something a little more exciting, add a little competition! Give each of them a cup to hold as they run through the sprinkler and whoever catches the most water first wins!
- Go on a nature walk. Encourage the kids to take note of the interesting things they spot along the way. Bring nature home with you by then drawing those items on the driveway with chalk.
- Paint kindness rocks and hide them in your neighborhood. – The kids stumbled upon some Kindness Rocks at our local park and they had so much fun searching for them and re-hiding them!
- Learn a new sport as a family. – Over last Summer we went to the park and taught the girls’ the rules of baseball. This was actually perfect timing considering one of our daughters’ joined a Kindergarten teeball team this year at school. By the time she started, she was already so knowledgable of the rules.
Banana Boat Ultra Sensitive Skin Sunscreen protects against 7 conditions – sun, pool, water, ocean water, wind, sweat, sand and even 100-degree heat which is EXACTLY what we need here in Texas. I also find it so much better for my son because of his sensitive skin. It is hypoallergenic, oil free with no added fragrances, it’s made without oxybenzone and parabens, is water resistant and sweat resistance (for up to 80 minutes).
What are some of your favorite FUN and FREE activities to do in the Summer?