Beth Vogel is a military wife, homeschooling mama and a Silver leader with Young Living. She loves Jesus, essential oils and sweet tea. Beth’s business cards say “Oil Addict + Educator” and she enjoys teaching others on how to use essential oils in their daily lives.
I wanted my children to stay healthy for goodness sakes. Check.
I wanted my husband to fall to sleep easily, not only on the couch (a super-power I’m convinced all men have) but once settled into our bed, too. Check.
I wanted to be able to better deal with the stresses of motherhood because let’s face it, this gig can be tough. Check.
I got all of that from my Young Living starter kit, as I’d hoped, but also so much more. I’ve used oils in hundreds, maybe thousands, of ways these last few years; for all the usual stuff that everyone says “try oils for that,” yes, but also for quite a few things I never anticipated.
Here are 23 of those somewhat random, lesser-known ways that I use oils for my family of four (five, if you count our sweet dog):
1. Mask the smell of dirty dishes that I just don’t have time to wash
2. Calm my son’s heightened emotions during each full moon
3. Detangle my daughter’s curly hair
4. Put the kids to work cleaning the counters (without chemicals)
5. Ease the motherhood-induced puffiness under my eyes
6. Remove permanent marker off my preschooler’s legs
7. Spark romance between hubby and me when one of us would prefer to sleep
8. Homeschool a strong-willed child
9. Turn my brain on when it needs a jumpstart
10. Help power it down at the end of the day
11. Make the best peppermint brownies in all the land
12. Lengthen and strengthen my eyelashes
13. Deter ants from our garden
14. Deter fleas from our dog
15. Cool us down in the heat of the summer
16. Calm the crankiness (not just the kids’ crankiness, either)
17. Make dry shampoo (a mother’s BFF)
18. Improve the husband’s concentration when he’s studying for his military promotion tests
19. Help me drink more water (citrus!)
20. Add a yummy twist to my Moscato di Asti after a trying week
20. Help my boy when he complains that his legs hurt from all the growing he keeps doing
21. Prevent shaving bumps on my hubby’s face since he has to shave daily
22. Enjoy the outdoors annoyance-free
23. Freshen the laundry that I forget to put in the dryer (just me?)
Now, if only there were an oil that would grow arms and then fold and put away said laundry after it’s emerged from the dryer, right? I’m working on getting my kiddos (ages 5 and 6) trained to do that task, but we’re not all the way there yet. The boy does alright with his clothes and the girl rocks the washcloth folding, so I know we’re making progress. Won’t be long! I’m throwing a party when that day comes and everyone’s invited! I’ll even make peppermint brownies for the occasion. 🙂
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit was the BEST $160 I spent in 2014 and I think you’ll say the same for 2017!
Beth Vogel is a Silver leader with Young Living and she’d love to be your personal oil mentor. You can get started with the Premium Starter Kit HERE. (Choose member option).
Any suggestions made on this site are specific to Young Living essential oils and should not be used with oils from another source. The information represents what I, an independent distributor of Young Living Essential oils, have chosen to do to take charge of my own personal health and that of my family. Statements on this site have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. Products on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using any new products.