1. Less Worried – Having 3 miscarriages before the birth of my first obviously made me a little paranoid about every ache and pain I felt. I was constantly analyzing every movement and pain. I used a doppler once a day to check for the heartbeat. I was on the pregnancy forums asking – is this normal? – for every little thing. This time around, I am too busy to even notice a twinge.
2. Weight Gain – I have only gained 13 lbs so far, compared to this point last time I had gained about 25-30lbs going into my 7th month. I attribute this to me running around chasing her all day, and sometimes being so busy that I forget to eat.
3. Exhaustion – With my last pregnancy I had all my energy up to about 8 1/2 months. These days I find myself waking up already feeling tired. To make matters worse, when she is finally in bed and I go to lay down for the night, insomnia kicks in.
4. Aches and Pains – I wrote an earlier post about using the motorized shopping cart while grocery shopping, so I don’t have to elaborate too much about how painful it is this time around. Lower back, feet, hips, you name it – owwww!
5. Less to Prepare – I got lucky that I am having another girl, and so soon after the first. Everything of my firsts is still around including all of her baby clothes, baby swing, rocker and bassinet.
If this post seems everywhere it’s because that’s where my sleep deprived mommy brain is at the moment. In some ways it’s easier, but in many ways harder. And I am still trying to figure out how I am going to wean my toddler before the baby comes. I definitely did not prepare on tandem nursing! Ah!