It’s February and it’s been cold outside, so we’ve been spending a lot of time indoors this past week. Usually, the girls and I will make a list of everything we want to do that day. The activity list can consist of painting, reading, learning new words to getting on the iPad and researching new animals they heard about. We also love to add baking to the list! The girls love to help me mix and sprinkle and so today we decided to make some Valentine’s Day cookies.
The recipe is a spin off these Halloween Oreo-Cream Cheese cookies I made for Halloween. The recipe has just 4 ingredients and only takes about 10 minutes to bake. You do need to chill the dough for about an hour prior to cooking. The cookies are amazing! The main ingredient is cream cheese.
Here is the recipe for my 4 ingredient (eggless) cream cheese cookies.
- 4 oz of softened cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 tablespoons softened salted butter
- Optional: Sprinkles & 1 drop pink food coloring
- Use mixer and mix together cream cheese and butter. It’s easier if you soften the butter and cream cheese prior so it blends easily.
- Add in sugar. Blend all together.
- Next, add in flour a little bit at a time until the mixture becomes doughy.
- Add in sprinkles and 1 drop pink food coloring (optional).
- Make into a round dough ball and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Once dough has been refrigerated for 1 hour preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Make small round dough balls and press them down slightly onto a non-stick cookie sheet. If you have a stick cookie sheet you can use a little bit of flour on the cookie sheet.
- Add more sprinkles to the top.
- Cook 10-13 minutes or until the edges turn lightly brown.
The cookies aren’t too sweet, just sweet enough and they are so chewy with just the right combination of crunch.