Sometimes it can seem like an impossible feat – maintaining the house, working to spending quality time with the family. I work from home and have three little ones here with me and some days I have to choose between working and cleaning the house and most of the time, I can’t always get to both. Over the years I’ve realized that as long as I am doing a little each day the house can be maintained while still leaving me some time to work and then spend with the family.
These are the few cleaning hacks that I do each and every day that help me save an incredible amount of time.
1. Get a Robot to help. We have the bObi Classic and it’s amazing. It has saved me so much time by combining so many chores into one. With three kids I’m sure you can imagine the snacking that goes on in our home and with snacking comes crumbs. Not to mention my kids love activities and arts and their activity area can get messy really quickly. The bobi Classic can clean my entire house without me having to push a broom or even be there!
I turn it on every afternoon and let it move around the house picking up everything that has made it to the floor that day. If we have errands to run or swim practice to get to I let it run while we are gone and when we come back our floors are clean! The bObi Classic is designed to go back to its hub when it’s battery is low so you don’t have to worry about putting it back. The bObi Classic takes care of 5 chores in one. It sweeps and vacuums, mops, has a UV light to sterilize and kill bacteria and a HEPA filter that purifies the air.
2. Use plastic bags to store leftover food in fridge. Instead of using bowls and Tupperware use plastic bags. Less dishes to clean later!
3. Throw it in the dishwasher. I have been known to throw it all in the dishwasher just to save me a few minutes a day. Did you know that you can use your dishwasher to clean many things, including toys, makeup brushes, sponges, stove knobs and even trash can lids.
4. Use vinegar to clean the coffee pot. To avoid cluttering my countertops I clean my coffee pot and put it away as soon as I’m done with it. Use 1 part vinegar and 1 part water to clean it. Run it through a brew cycle once then another cycle of water to rinse.
5. Lemons in the garbage disposal. We throw food in our garbage disposal every day and so it needs to be cleaned every day or else the gunk can really start to build up and smell bad. Throw ice, lemon and some salt in the garbage disposal then let it run. The lemon helps it smell good while the ice and salt break up the gunk.