When you think of car seats the first thing you think about is safety. And that is by far is the most important thing to consider when purchasing a car seat. I think that’s a given though. There are so many car seats out on the market these days, so many different types, styles etc. it’s sometimes difficult to choose which one. I want what’s best for my little ones and once you get past the infant stage to the toddler/child stage, there are so many other things to consider.
Here are 5 things to consider when shopping for a car seat.
1. Transition Features– Most car seats out there on the market for small children are five point harness restraints. A five point harness just means that it’s securing the child in the seat so they are not free to move about. They are secured at five points of contact: shoulder – shoulder – hip – hip – crotch. It’s important to know when your child should remain in a five point harness and when they are big enough for a booster seat. A booster seat is just a belt positioning booster seat on the car seat, the child is mostly free to move about. The Evenflo Platinum Evolve 3-in-1 Combination Seat is a transitional car seat, which means it offers both a five point harness AND a booster transition. The Evenflo Advanced Transitions offers the transition between a high-back booster to a no-back booster.
2. Comfort – You want your child not only to be safe but comfortable. We have used many car seats over the past few years and what I hate the most is looking back at my little ones and see them squirming or looking hot or uncomfortable in their car seat. A happy child in their car seat makes for a more peaceful right not just for them but for mama too! There are 3 support cushion layers on this car seat that adjust to reduce pressure for a safer and more peaceful ride. There is also an upfront adjustment and recline for child’s comfort while asleep or awake. The Evenflo Platinum Evolve 3-in-1 Combination Seat is also made with OUTLAST Performance Fabric which means it absorbs hot and cold temperatures to help regulate your child’s body temperature.
3. Quick and easy strap – I want child’s car seat to not just be safe, but easy to strap on my child. I am thinking ahead here. Two little girls in car seats and a baby on the way. I need to be able to strap my girls in with one-hand and a baby in the other arm if ever needed. We have been using the The Evenflo Platinum Evolve Car Seat now for a few weeks now and it literally takes me seconds to strap my child in. I am also a big fan of the buckle pockets because we don’t have to wait for the car seat buckle to cool off in the car before strapping my child in. I also don’t have to search for lost buckles underneath the seats.
4. Weight and Limits – The last thing you want to do is invest in a car seat that your child will outgrow in a matter of months.
The Evenflo Platinum Evolve 3-in-1 Combination Seat just might be the last car seat that you will EVER buy! That’s because it fits a child with the no-back booster transition all the way up to 120lbs.
5. Head and neck protection – In case of a side-impact, you want to be sure that your child’s neck will be safe and secure so I was looking for a car seat that had a good neck support. I love the high neck support also when my girl sleeps in her car seat. We take road trips alot to visit family and I used to hate looking back seeing her asleep with her neck is all the way slumped down on her chest. With the Evenflo Platinum Evolve 3-in-1 Combination Seat, I don’t worry about that anymore. 🙂
Overall, the Evenflo Evolve Platinum 3-in-1 Combination Booster Car Seat has met and has exceeded our expectations. After reading safety reviews, the next things to consider are you and your child’s comfort and convenience.
You can purchase the Evenflo Evolve Platinum 3-in-1 Combination Booster Car Seat at Babies-R-Us.
Evenflo® is taking extended use and comfort to the next level with the introduction of the Evenflo Platinum Evolve 3-in-1 car seat. Visit Evenflo.com for more information.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Evenflo®. The opinions and text are all mine.