The girls LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween. I am not sure why they love things that are on the verge of being scary, although not too too scary. We like to decorate the house but we love to decorate using things that are fun and not so spooky.
I’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite things that we picked up at Target the other day. The kids got costumes and we picked up a few cute things for the kids to have around the home so we could celebrate Halloween without going over the top scary.
1. Pumpkin decorating kit – We found these in the dollar aisle at Target and we had to get them. They are pumpkin decorating kids. The skeleton uses tiny sticks that connect to the back of the face, bones and bow and all you do is push it into the pumpkin. How cool!
My oldest chose the cat kit and they are stickers. It comes with a tail and everything. They stick pretty well right out of the box but if you want to make them a little more secure, just have the kids use tape! They are the perfect decoration for our kids room. WIN for the dollar aisle target bin!
2. DIY Mummy Door – We found these GIANT googly eyes and with some rolls of white streamer you can make yourself your own mummy door. Make one for the inside or outside and it’s the cutest!
3. Light-up pumpkin – These pumpkins light up and are a thick plastic. We have one in our front room and we put one in the kids room. They are unbreakable so they are perfect!
4. Plush costumes – Target has the most adorable costumes for kids. My oldest found her perfect costume, after searching and searching for the perfect one she finally found IT. She is going to be a Kangaroo and it even comes with a baby kangaroo to go inside the pouch!
Lennon found his costume, a plush walking Dino costume. We took him out to the pumpkin patch to get in some photos because he was obsessed with it the minute he got in it. It’s like he totally transforms. Haha
Target has everything from cute, adorable animals and iconic characters to favorite foods and stylish superheroes, and everything you need to complete a head-to-toe too look whether you’re searching for an already-complete Halloween costume or select pieces for an easy DIY get-up.
5. Spooky window clings – We found these cute window clings for $1 in the Target aisle. I mean they were $1 and the kids have so much fun decorating with them, you just can’t beat that!
Current Specials at Target this Halloween
Spend $30 / Save $5 on costumes, décor, party supplies
2 / $6 Halloween M&Ms
BOGO 50% off on Mars 69.2 oz – 73oz bags
2 / $15 Mars Mummy Mix / Child’s Play candy
Buy 3 get one free on mixable treats
$5/ for 5 Novelty candies