This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Huggies Little Snugglers and Latina Bloggers Connect.
Today is my 3rd installment of my “New Mom” series. A series sponsored by Huggies to help and provide moms advice, encouragement and anything else they may need as a new mom. If you missed my first post here – DIY Baby Announcement here and the second post here DIY Wall Letters for Baby/Child’s room. Today I am talking about breastfeeding. While it might sound crazy, ok not crazy, but probably not the norm…I have been breastfeeding for 30 months. Yes, that is 2 years and 6 months. It sounds crazy to me even just saying that. But the catch is, I haven’t been breastfeeding just one little one…, but two. My toddler was breastfed until 14 months and we only stopped when her sister was born. She weaned herself the 2 days I was in the hospital… there was a part of me that thought that I would be tandem nursing! But that didn’t happen and it seemed to be a pretty smooth transition. Since then I have been breastfeeding her sister who is now 16 months. So here we are…30 months in and no sign yet of stopping!
Here are my Top 5 Reasons To Love Breastfeeding
5. Weight Control – Breastfeeding has helped me lose my baby weight and keep loosing. I am about down to where I was pre-baby x 2! I have never dieted or actively tried to lose the weight. I kept telling myself that I will worry about losing the weight after I stopped breastfeeding. But I am now fitting into my pre-baby bump jeans! It’s well known that your body is in overdrive making milk when you’re breastfeeding, I can attest that it’s helped me lose my baby weight!
4. Peaceful nights – This is when I am most at peace. Getting ready to go to bed with my little one beside me, we are snuggled in and warm. She has her feet and legs stretched across me as she’s nursing herself to sleep. I am at peace, she is at peace and we fall asleep together. This time won’t last forever.
3. Go as you please – No need to worry about preparing bottles or making formula, packing up a big diaper bag before leaving the house or even worry about warming up bottles in the middle of the night…breastfeeding makes life simple. You and your little one have enough warm milk prepared in seconds.
2. It’s healthy and natural – My babies were never sick. The entire time my little ones breastfed/are breastfeeding, neither one was ever sick. They never had to go to the doctor, never had an earache or a cold…nothing. There are no ingredients on the bottle to read or research, you know everything going inside was 100% made-created for them.
1. This time will come to an end – And the number 1 reason to cherish breastfeeding is….You will NEVER be this close to your little one again. Once you stop breastfeeding she no longer needs the physical nourishment that only your body can give. The days of the tender cuddling and nursing sessions that you had late at night, when you hold your little one’s warm head close to you and she looks up at you with her sleepy eyes will turn into warm memories. These days will come to an end. Cherish it now.
Thank you to Huggies for sponsoring these “New Mom” posts. I think it’s great that they are thinking of new moms and everything they need in this crazy and exciting time in their lives. Huggies is my go-to brand of diapers for my little ones. Here are some of the things we love about Huggies Little Snugglers and Natural Care wipes and why I think they are a must have for new moms.
■ New GentleAbsorb* Liner to provide a cushiony layer of protection with hundreds of tiny absorbent pillows to help draw mess away from your baby’s delicate newborn skin
■ Cottony-soft inside and out to help keep new baby comfy
■ Wetness indicator lets you know when it’s time to change
■ Umbilical cord cut-out to help protect sensitive belly buttons
■ Flexible, pocketed waistband to help keep in mess
■ Unique stretchy SnugFit* Waistband provides a gentle, secure fit
● Give your baby’s delicate skin a soft, sensitive clean with Huggies® Natural Care
■ Our simplest formula ever for a gentle clean
■ Triple Clean* Layers – strong, soft and absorbent layers that are gentle on baby’s skin, yet thick enough to clean the mess
■ They contain Aloe & Vitamin E
■ They are hypoallergenic, fragrance free and alcohol free
You can try the unbeatable skin care of Huggies Little Snugglers and Natural Care Wipes yourself by visiting Huggies.com/SampleHug for a free sample.
Huggies recognizes there are some things you can’t add to your baby registry – is there something you wish you could add, but simply can’t? Register your wish at Huggies.com/RegisterWish for your chance to make it a reality. If you’re selected as a winner, Huggies will do everything they can to make your wish come true. Good luck!!