If your kids are anything like mine, then you may feel my pain when it comes to dinner time and trying to find something both the kids and adults will enjoy. My girls love it when I make their food fun and small portions for them are a win. They get interested and are more likely to try new things. My husband and I both love spaghetti and wanted to put a little twist on it for the girls, so we got small bread rolls and put their spaghetti noodles and sauce in there for them, it’s a very Saucesome meal. So it acts like a little bread cup that they can eat! We love to use Ragú® in our spaghetti recipes. It has the Authentic Italian taste, American families love with a variety of great tasting, quick and easy to make family favorite recipes. Ragú® is recognizing and celebrating everything that makes family mealtime #Saucesome.
Here is what you need for our favorite fun, spaghetti bread cups recipe for kids and adults.
- 1 jar (24 oz.) of your favorite Ragú® Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- grated Parmesan cheese
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
- bread rolls (2 sizes, larger rolls for adults if desired)
First, try this easy one-pot-pasta recipe and let your sauce cook the noodles. You use only one pot which mom loves so there’s less to clean up! And with two toddlers and spaghetti, you better believe this mama has her work cut out for her already.
Here’s what I did. It takes just 4 easy steps to make this meal.
- Bring Sauce and water to a boil over high heat in 3-quart saucepan. Reduce heat to low, then add uncooked spaghetti. Simmer, stirring frequently, 16 minutes or until spaghetti is tender.
- Next, prepare your bread rolls by cutting in half and either scooping out some of the middle OR simple press the bread down to make a space for the spaghetti.
- Once it cools and it’s not boiling, add in the cooked spaghetti noodles and sauce into the bread rolls.
- Top with your favorite toppings. We add Parmesan cheese and mozzarella but you can add even more to this meal by adding meatballs or even pepperoni slices.
- This part is optional but we like our breads slightly toasted. Once your spaghetti cup is ready, put it into the oven or toaster oven for a few minutes to toast bread and melt cheese. It’s delicious!
This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Ragú® and Latina Bloggers Connect. However, all opinions expressed are my own.