Include disclosure language stating that this is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Nabisco and Latina Bloggers Connect.
I love to make special treats for the girls, especially things they can have fun making themselves. And what better way to celebrate upcoming El Día Del Niño than with a delicious parfait using delicious Oreo cookies that the girls LOVE to eat.
The best thing is, they had fun making their own parfait. You can get creative and add in an extra layer of your favorite fruit. I asked the girls and they had to have strawberries and bananas. Here is the recipe.
Here’s what you need:
- 1/3 cup Mexican caramel spread (dulce de leche)
- 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping, divided
- 12 OREO Cookies, divided
- 1 cup sliced banana
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- MIX caramel spread and 1/2 cup whipped topping in medium bowl until blended. Stir in 1 cup of the remaining whipped topping.
- CUT 1-1/2 cookies into quarters; set aside. Chop remaining cookies.
- LAYER 6 parfait glasses with half EACH of the whipped topping mixture, chopped cookies and bananas and strawberries; repeat layers.
- TOP with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with quartered cookies.
Instead of using bananas you can also use chopped cooked frozen ripe plantains. YUM!
This was such an easy and delicious parfait that the girls could make themselves and they LOVED it!
The combination of Oreo cookies + dulce de leche is MOUTHWATERING. 😀
Nabisco is providing a variety of fun and delicious Latino-inspired recipes that are just right to treat the family for Día del niño. These recipes are easy-to-make and feature the family’s Nabisco favorites: Oreo, Chips Ahoy!, Ritz and Honey Maid. They include a Nabisco spin on traditional favorites. See their Pinterest board here.
El Día Del Niño means Children’s Day and is a national observance in Mexico and is celebrated on April 30.
The prep + recipe takes about 15 minutes. This makes about 6.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nabisco. The opinions and text are all mine.