We have been big on convenience meals lately. We stock up on boxed meals like Hamburger Helper® and eat them about once a week. It’s just easy for us, there are some nights where I have photography sessions that go on until 8PM and those nights it’s just easier for the family to make a quick, but filling and delicious meal. But, you would probably be surprised as to what you can cook up using Hamburger Helper® meals when you have the time.
What I love about this recipe is that you save a lot of time prepping the lasagna by using the packaged noodle mix and sauce. You just mix it all up in a bowl and bake!
Here is what you need for this recipe:
- 1 lb ground beef or Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 box Hamburger Helper® lasagna
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 oz)
- 1 small zucchini, diced (1 cup)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch skillet, crumble sausage or ground beef. Cook over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until meat is no longer pink; drain well.
- In a 2in ungreased 11×7-inch (2-quart) microwavable dish, stir sauce mix (from Hamburger Helper® box) and water until blended. Microwave uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in uncooked pasta (from Hamburger Helper® box), sausage, bell pepper, mushrooms and zucchini.
- In small bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over meat and sauce mixture.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 60 minutes or until top is golden brown and sauce is bubbly and not watery.
And the end result was a creamy, extra cheesy, delicious lasagna without all the fancy, time-consuming layers. It was easy to make and we will definitely be making it again. 🙂
You can get your Hamburger Helper® coupon here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hamburger Helper® . The opinions and text are all mine.