This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Capri Sun.
We meet with our homeschooling group on a weekly basis. The girls have so much fun and I am one happy mama knowing that it’s not just all fun and games but also really great learning and socialization experiences for my kids. They aren’t exactly school age yet, we have a 3 going on 4 and 4 going on 5 but I wanted to get them started early so we’re prepared for when we start an actual curriculum.
I wanted to share with you a list I made of some great group learning activities you can do with your preschooler. My first recommendation is to find a group of moms or a co-op. It has been the best thing in the world. I’ve connected with so many moms who are in the same season of life as me and it’s been wonderful. If you don’t currently have a co-op or group of moms and kiddos to meet with, you could either start your own group or look around in local Facebook groups in your area. I found mine in a local Facebook community!
The first 6 on my list are activities and events we have already participated in. If you continue to scroll down you will find the rest of my list that we want to plan or already have in the works.
The Ultimate List of Group Learning & Socialization Activities for Preschoolers
1. Movie Viewing Party – Get the kiddos together for an indoor movie. Before starting the movie have a quick lesson on something related to the movie. Example: Watch Moana (my kids favorite) and have a lesson about ocean animals before the movie.
Also, have an indoor tub with homemade sand for sensory play.
2. Indoor Garden Activity – We recently had an indoor garden activity where the kids planted some tomato plant seeds and then worked on a garden-related craft. We used toilet paper rolls, glue, markers, construction paper, green pipe cleaners and scissors to make a flower craft.
After the kids finished their craft and gardening activity we gathered everyone together and talked about plants and trees and how fruits and veggies grow. We served raw veggies and fruits with my girls favorite Capri Sun 100% Juice pouches that come in 4 flavors – Apple, Berry, Fruit Punch and Grape. Our favorite is the apple juice.
The kids had a blast and they loved the fact that they got to take home a little pot with their newly potted tomato plant. They’ve been watering it every day. 🙂 Let’s hope we get some tomatoes soon!
3. Bowling Alley Tour – We took all the kids to the bowling alley and arranged a behind the scenes tour. It was so neat, I had always wondered what it looked like back there. The kids even got to pass around some bowling pins which they thought were cool. After that, the kids bowled in teams. It was a great experience for all.
4. Book Club – Some of my girls’ favorite days are book club days. All the kids get together to read and talk about books. Since most of the preschoolers aren’t reading age yet, the hosting mom will read a book and then the kids will participate in an activity relating to the book that was read that day. Our first book club we read a book called Duck on a Bike. After that, the kids worked on a duck-related activity and then we all took a stroll down to a nearby duck pond to feed the ducks. Just last week we had our first every Show & Tell version of book club and each child brought their favorite book to show and tell the others about. My girls loved the idea and couldn’t stop talking about their favorite book.
5. Book reading party – A party to celebrate reading? Seriously, the best idea ever to encourage young ones to read and to love books. We did just that at our Dr. Seuss Storytime party. Not only did we read a ton of Dr. Seuss books and ate delicious Cat in the Hat cupcakes, but we also had a special appearance from Cat in the Hat himself. 🙂 You can see all the party details here.
6. Field day – There’s nothing better than getting together at a park and just letting loose. That’s what we did for our field day Easter celebration.
We had all sorts of activities set up for the kids from tug-o-war, ring toss, sack races and a duck pond matching game. The littlest ones enjoyed this one the most!
Our group is known as a pay-it-forward group, which means we all take turns hosting and planning events. And when we have group events and activities all the moms sign up to bring something. I’m usually the mom with the juice pouches. 🙂 We love to bring Capri Sun 100% Juice to our events! I love that it’s made with 100% real fruit juice and contains 1 ½ cups of fruit*. It also has, no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Here are more ideas for group learning & socialization activities for preschoolers.
7. Clay making
8. Art studio field trip
9. Embroidery lesson
10. Scavenger hunt
11. Backyard Drive-in movie
12. Nursing home visit
13. Science Fair
14. Basic CPR and First Aid Lesson
17. Rock painting
18. Bug catch, inspect and release
19. Puppet show
20. Sign Language lesson
21. Fire & Weather Safety lesson
22. Board game
23. Volunteer at an animal shelter
24. Make ice cream
25. Put on a play
26. Make terrariums
27. Visit a recycling facility
28. Go on a hike
What would you add to the list??
*each pouch provides ¾ cup fruit juice, which is 1 ½ cups of fruit according to the US Dietary Guidelines