This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with CHASE and Latina Bloggers Connect.
I do most of my shopping online these days. I just find it so much easier now that I have three kids. This year we did back to school shopping for the first time and we did a lot of shopping online. It’s like second nature to me now and rarely do I ever second guess where I swipe my card.
Brittany Castro, founder of Financially Wise Women, is now working with Chase as a Chase Financial Education Partner and is reminding us of the potential security dangers of shopping online.
Watch the video from Brittany Castro below.
Did you know that making a purchase with your account information over a public wi-fi could leave your account vulnerable to theft?
And did you know that sites that start with http are not secure?
Chase and Brittany want to remind us to shop safe with the following tips.
- Shop at well respected and trusted retailers both online and in-store
- Make your online purchases on websites that start with https versus http
- Don’t swipe your card if you don’t have to, use the chip reader with your chip enabled card
- Avoid making purchases over wi-fi networks since most are not encrypted to protect your personal information
- Strengthen your passwords with combinations of symbols, numbers and letter and change them regularly
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of CHASE. The opinions and text are all mine.