This is a sponsored campaign with Sephora inside JCPenney. All opinions are my own.
I work from home and even though I don’t have to get ready to go to work every day, I still like to get dressed. I have one daughter that I need to take to school so my mornings start pretty early most days. I wake up before the house gets up which gives me some time to spend on myself, which is very rare these days. Once I get back from taking my kids to school, the day is usually scheduled with work and other activities like my younger daughter’s swim class. In addition to swim class each week we also schedule our routine errands like grocery shopping and other appointments. Here is a little bit of what my work-at-home routine looks like.
- Get Up & Dressed – Every morning I get up, brush my teeth, put on makeup and get ready to take my daughter to school. Because most days are just for running around and being productive here at the house. I prefer a simple, natural look, that goes for both my makeup and hair. While still being natural I like a polished look for my makeup that is more natural and glowy. My favorite eye and face palette right now is Urban Decay’s Backtalk Palette and I just discovered DevaCurl’s WAVE MAKER™ Touchable Texture Whip for my hair. Keep reading below to see what my everyday hair and makeup looks like.
- Take Kids to School – After my daughter and myself are ready we head off to school.
- Clean the Kitchen – Once I return home the husband is usually up and getting ready for work, I do a quick wipe down of the kitchen to start the day. I also look for any leftover dishes that didn’t make it into the dishwasher the night before.
- Sit with the kids for a cartoon and have morning coffee – I take a little bit more me time and sit and enjoy my coffee and my kids before I tune into my work.
- Check Emails and Planner for the day – I start my day by checking emails and also my planner for the day. This lets me know what I need to start or finish up that day and what campaigns I have coming up.
- Start on blog work while the kids play – I start my work for a few hours before I have to prepare lunch.
- Run any Errands – After lunch, the kids and I take off for the day to run our errands or head to our weekly swimming class.
- Pick up from School – The afternoon seems to creep up on me pretty quickly and before I know it it’s time to pick up my daughter from school.
- Cleaning, Dinner, Laundry – Once we return home from any after-school activities or errands, I start dinner, do a load of laundry and clean-up a little bit. After dinner, we start preparing for the next day.
Here is my everyday look using Urban Decay’s Backtalk Eye and Face Palette and DevaCurl’s WAVE MAKER™ Touchable Texture Whip.
Natural and minimal yet glowy and polished. That’s what I like. 🙂
I love this palette from Urban Decay! It lets me create the simple, yet polished and glowy look that I love. Because it also has deeper tones, I can build on it if I need to for a more bold and dramatic look. This palette is actually two palettes in one. One side has the eyeshadows, which consist of 8 pretty, soft and muted rose and berry tones. The other side is for the face and includes 4 coordinating colors for your highlighter and blush. 12 in total!
I also use FARSÁLI’s Unicorn Essence on my face as a primer for my foundation, concealer, and eyeshadow. It helps give my makeup a smoother look and prevents makeup from creasing. It also helps enhance the pigment of your eyeshadow and can be used on the cheekbones as a highlighter! I love this stuff!
Since I have naturally wavy hair, I used DevaCurl’s WAVE MAKER™ Touchable Texture Whip that helps my waves by giving them texture without the frizz! After towel drying my hair, I apply this and separate my waves with my fingers. If I am going out this day I will also use my hair iron to smooth and enhance the waves.