As some of you may already know I’m due in July with baby #2, so recently Rick and I sat down and made a list of things we still need to do and buy before baby # 2 comes. One of the things we worry about is having enough hands to take care of 2 little ones since our daughter R just turned 1. We also know we need to be prepared for the unexpected. When R was born she had acid reflux for the first 4-5 months and could not sleep well at all. She had to constantly be rocked to sleep and would wake up as soon as we would put her down. After a few recommendations from friends we looked into purchasing a swing. And after some searching and trying a few out, we finally decided on the Fisher-Price Cradle ‘N Swing.
1. Cradle positions – It has 3 positions for the cradle, you can adjust it for baby to lay flat, upright or mid-way. Since R had acid reflux she would sleep in the upright position, which was perfect. She was able to sleep at least 2 hours, and peacefully it seemed, without someone having to physically rock her.
2. Speed settings – It has several speed settings so you can adjust the speed as your baby gets bigger and heavier. One other swing we tried came with only one setting, and it was way too fast for a newborn.
3. It’s quiet – The Cradle n’ Swing is very quiet when swinging and does not make any loud noises or squeaking compared to the other swings we tried out.
4. Swing motion options – The Cradle n’ Swing has 2 different swing options. A back and forth motion which was R’s favorite, and a side to side motion.
4. Soft fabric – The fabric was also better compared to the other swings we tried out. The cradle has a very soft and plush fabric all around. The mobile was made out of the same fabric and consists of 3 plush toys including a mirror in the center so baby can see herself.
5. Sound options – It plays several different types of sounds including lullabies, which was my favorite setting, and R’s favorite which was the sound of a waterfall.
6. No batteries needed – To me, this was probably the best thing about the swing. It has an AC adapter which is something the others did not have. Most of the ones we looked at ran off of batteries, and with the amount of time little R spent in there we probably would’ve spent hundreds of dollars on batteries.
In comparison to the other swings we tried out, the Fisher Price Cradle n’ Swing was by far the best. It was a little bit pricier than the others but let me tell you, it was well worth the money. It has been one of the best baby product purchases we have made. I highly recommend it, especially for new moms when you sometimes don’t know what to expect. We definitely plan on using it again when baby #2 arrives.
Disclosure: This post contains an affiliate link.