With baby #2 here I thought it might be time for my second roundup of top baby products, because I realized that I left out some major things the first time around. And with baby #2 here, it just re-confirmed my first top picks in my first list – Top Baby Products for New Moms, and then some. We still use every single item I listed.
Here is Volume 2. There are some BIG ones that I left out of my first list.
1. Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n’ Play Sleeper
– I cannot say enough good things about this one. Both of our girls use this to this day. Our toddler naps in the rocker and will not nap anywhere else, even though she might be a little too big for it these days. Her legs stick way out at the end of it but she is still so comfortable and she loves to be rocked in it during her nap times. We also use this during the daytime for the baby to hang out in, while we’re in the kitchen cooking, she can fall asleep in it pretty easily with a little rocking. I love it because it can go ANYWHERE with you. This little rocker is how mommy gets to take showers in the morning and still be able to watch over baby. One of the best investments we have made.
Note: There was a recall a few years ago on some of the older ones for reports of mold easily building up underneath the seat, but we have never had a mold problem with ours.
2. Baby Bootie Slippers
– Any will do. I prefer booties to socks because baby socks get lost so easily. My babies lose socks right off their feet, never to be seen again. Or maybe they were and were picked up one day, thrown in the wash and lost in the laundry. Either way, you won’t ever get that matching pair again. With the booties they can wear them all the time, kept their feet warm and I never have to search for matching baby socks. Anything that saves me time dressing the girls is golden.
3. HALO SleepSack Micro-Fleece Wearable Blanket
– We have several Halo sleepsacks. Since babies should not sleep with any loose bedding like pillows or blankets, these are the best alternative. They are comfortable and soft for the baby to sleep in and you don’t need the extra layers of blankets to keep the warm. It’s like the snuggy for adults. Haha. Those things look funny but I bet they are warm! This sleepslack is the same concept. A blanket they can sleep in. I like that the arms are cut out to prevent them from getting too hot. In the summer I dressed them in short sleeves and the winter in long.
4. Fisher-Price Cradle ‘N Swing
– We used this for my daughter until she couldn’t fit in it anymore and the baby uses it now. This made them happy, peaceful and calm. The rocking and the music put the girls to sleep so fast. I did a review on it when we got it. You can read that here.
5. The First Year’s Infant To Toddler Tub with Sling
– We did not have this with my first but we did with the baby and it makes things so much easier. Holding a slippery, squirmy baby while you’re trying to bathe them can be scary. I was always scared of one of them toppling over into the water while I was rinsing them off. The sling in the tub holds them safe and secure and you’re able to bathe and rinse them without having to try to hold them at the same time.
– Because you are going to need one the first night your little one has a cold and continuously wakes up because they can’t breathe. It will break your heart. The humidifiers help a TON. Not sure what we would have done if we didn’t have it. The first night of a toddler illness is the worst.
7. Braun Forehead Thermometer
– Because they will not let you take it anywhere else. The forehead thermometers are so easy to use. The one we have is a Braun Forehead Thermometer and it is very accurate. Makes things so easy, you just swipe it across their forehead to take the temperature.
8. Summer Infant 3-Stage Superseat Highchair
This has come in handy for us because the baby is not sitting on her own yet and rather than have her laying down all day I can sit her in here and she entertains herself without me having to worry she’s going to fall over. My toddler tries to sit in this but she’s already too big. It has straps to strap them in but most of the time I don’t need to strap her in. She sits pretty snug and secure while in the chair.
9. Fisher-Price Cruise and Groove Ballapalooza
The Ballapalooza is great because it really has outlasted a lot of the toys we have. Outlasted in the way that is entertaining. My first played with this when she was little and just learning to grasp things, it comes with colorful balls that you can roll down the ramps. Then she played with it when she was crawling and she was maneuvered through the tower. And now that she is walking and her motor skills are more refined, she’s able to roll the balls down from the highest tower and can do it over and over again. This made the list because it really is a toy that can grow with them and won’t wind up in the back of their closets in a matter of months. I reviewed this on my blog when we got this as a gift for her. You can read that here.
10. Summer Infant Sure And Secure Custom Fit Gate
– This has taken the place of our Graco Playard from my first list. We are able to secure both girls in a safe play area. We decided to get the gate when our toddler outgrew her playard and started walking. But I knew that I needed a large area for her to play in while I tended to baby. We all know how fast toddlers are, and how much they love to be chased around the house. Well, when you have a new baby, and your nursing her, you can’t very well get up every 5 seconds to chase a toddler around. With this, we are able to secure a large area for all three of us to be in so that I can tend to the baby and watch my toddler at the same time. I highly recommend this for moms with two little ones. The gate is sturdy too, so you don’t have to worry about your toddler breaking through it or climbing it. There is a safe door that won’t catch their fingers and the best thing about it is that you can attach it from wall to wall if needed. You don’t necessarily have to enclose the gate. This is how we use it. We also have dogs, and if you want a baby area separated from your dogs, this works for that too. This is up in my living room as I type. 🙂
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to check out my first list here.
Thanks for reading!! If you are a new mom or are expecting, congrats mama! Make sure to follow-me so we can connect in the future.