When I was pregnant, I was worried about many things. It’s only natural I think for an expecting mom to feel like she could be doing better. Whether that’s getting more sleep, stressing less, eating better and of course getting the proper nutrients she needs for both herself and baby. I know that was one of the things I worried about in all my pregnancies. Getting the daily recommended value of calcium is key (around 68% of women, in general, are calcium deficient), it’s particularly important for pregnant women. A growing baby needs the calcium to build a healthy heart, as well as teeth, bones, muscles, and nerves. If the pregnant woman doesn’t provide this calcium from her diet, the calcium needed is pulled from her bones, which puts her own health at risk later in life.
Viactiv® knows the importance of getting the calcium, and other important nutrients, needed during pregnancy. Pregnant women need 1000 mg of calcium daily. Taking Viactiv is easy and the chews are delicious! Rather than swallowing a large calcium pill, Viactiv makes taking calcium enjoyable with tasty soft chews in milk chocolate and caramel flavors. My personal favorite is the milk chocolate!
Even prenatal vitamins come up short when it comes to calcium, and the more than 1,000 OB/GN’s we surveyed recently nationwide report discussing calcium needs almost twice as much to pregnant women as they do to menopausal women. Not to mention the majority of OB/GYN’s surveyed (68%) recommend pregnant women take a calcium supplement during pregnancy*.
Here are a few important points about calcium during pregnancy.
- You don’t need to take in extra calcium when you are pregnant, but you need to take in enough calcium every day to meet your daily requirements of 1000 mg.
- If you don’t get enough of these nutrients in your diet, your baby’s calcium needs will be met by taking calcium from your bones. Your baby needs the calcium to build healthy teeth, bones, muscles and heart.
- You need calcium to preserve your bone mass while your baby is developing. Adequate intake of calcium will help prevent your body from taking calcium from your bones, thus helping to decrease your risk of osteoporosis.
- Many multivitamins, prenatal vitamins and mineral supplements provide only 20-30% of the recommended amount of calcium for women who are pregnant.
- Recently more than 1,000 OB/GN’s surveyed nationwide on behalf of Viactiv report discussing calcium needs almost twice as much to pregnant women as they do to menopausal women and the majority of OB/GYN’s (68%) recommend pregnant women take a calcium supplement during pregnancy*
- Of 1,000 OB/GYN’s surveyed nationwide on behalf of Viactiv, the majority (76%) recommend Viactiv Calcium Soft Chews*
- 94% of 1,000 OB/GYN’s surveyed nationwide on behalf of Viactiv believe women are not getting their daily recommended value of calcium through diet alone*
Save $2 on your next Viactiv Calcium Soft Chews when you print this coupon. Get your coupon HERE.
Viactiv is available at major retailers nationwide including CVS, Rite Aid, Target, Walgreens and Walmart, as well as supermarkets nationwide.
Enter the Viactiv #BeActiv with Baby Giveaway HERE through 12/18 to win fabulous new mommy prizes and Viactiv calcium products.
This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation on behalf of Viactiv that contains affiliate links. I received Viactiv products for my own personal use. Please speak with your healthcare provider regarding any medical concerns. This post is not intended to address or diagnose any medical conditions. All opinions, text and experiences are my own. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.